Frequently Requested Business Services
- VENDOR CERTIFICATION> Human Relations
- BID ON MAJOR CONTRACTS> Management & Budget
- BID ON SMALL CONTRACTS> Management & Budget
- CONSTRUCTION PERMITS> Public Services
- FOOD & ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH LICENSES> Environmental Health
- SITE SELECTION> EDGE
- BUSINESS NAME REGISTRATION> Clerk
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT> EDGE
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT> EDGE
- VIEW LAND PROPERTY RECORDS> Register of Deeds
- SMALL BUSINESS RESOURCES> EDGE
- BUSINESS INCENTIVES> EDGE
- VENDOR REGISTRATION> Management & Budget
- GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS (GIS)> Technology
- DRAIN, SEWER, & WASTEWATER PERMITS> Environmental Services
- TRANSPORTATION PERMITS / WEIGHMASTER> Public Services
- SOIL EROSION PERMITS> Environmental Services
- HEALTHCHOICE> Health & Human Services
Business Incentive Programs
Wayne County’s Economic Development Growth Engine (EDGE) will assist you with your business project and connect you with the resources you need to grow your business. Please visit the EDGE Business Development page or call EDGE at (313) 224-0410.
VIEW MORE BUSINESS INCENTIVE PROGRAMS
START A BUSINESS IN WAYNE COUNTY
Innovation is the Wayne County way. From the automobile revolution to advances in alternative energy and life sciences, our county is home to the hardest workers and the brightest business minds in the world. Check out the resources below to see how you can grow your business and move your ideas from concept to commercialization
WHY WAYNE COUNTY?
Wayne County’s innovative workforce is the backbone of our economy. Wayne County resides in a region with the highest concentration of engineers in the U.S., and they are ready to design and produce the goods of tomorrow.
International Capitol of Energy Excellence
Building upon our region’s excellence in engineering and manufacturing, Wayne County is a major hub of alternative energy and battery technology development. We have the capacity and the workforce to advance the green economy.
Life Sciences & Biotechnology
Wayne County is Michigan’s largest health market. With several major hospitals and medical institutions, our county is an incubator for life science and biotechnology development.